Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Flop: Wednesday, December 22nd: Tres Leches (Three Milk) Cupcakes in a Oreo Crust



What a disaster! I tried to get ambitious with this weeks cupcakes and they turned out terrible. I started by making an Oreo crust and lining the muffin tins with it. I then poured the cupcake batter into the Oreo crust and baked the cupcakes. This worked, or so I thought. I continued following the directions for the tres leches cupcakes, which translates to three milk cupcakes. The recipe required a milk glaze poured into the cupcakes, and this is where the cupcake turned into a disaster. The glaze soaked right through the cupcake to the crust making the crust soggy. Eventually it soaked up a bit, but after tasting the cupcake it was clear that the Oreo crust that I thought was somewhat successful was much too thick, and the cupcake really had no hope of succeeding. I should have predicted that the milk glaze would not work well with an Oreo crust, but I guess that's part of the trial and error experience. Lesson learned.


No comments:

Post a Comment