Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday, January 5th: Hero Sub Cupcakes


This Wednesday is the first week of exploring the book, "What's New Cupcake". The book features all sorts of crazy cupcakes that look like animals, food, etc. This Wednesday I attempted to create the Hero Sub cupcake. These cupcakes were very time consuming, the cheese and ham on the sub are made out of chewy fruit candy and they were at times more difficult to work with. The book called for a long donut such as a cruller for the top of the sub, but I couldn't locate some (and I didn't have a ton of time to look), so I used a the top of a grocery store pound cake. The lettuce was the easiest part and the possible my favourite looking aspect of the sub cupcake. It is merely bran flakes with green frosting. The cupcakes are messy and harder to eat, but the initial reaction you get by people makes it worth it. They looked like subs, and while they weren't as perfect as the book, they got the reaction I was looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment